Heidelberg, 23 January 2023.
Position filled 16022023 - thank you for your interest.
We’re Recruiting: a Student Researcher for new project work, with option to conduct a medical dissertation.
The David J Apple Center for Vision Research is expanding. We are now establishing new areas of research including material science applications for the clinical management of posterior segment ocular disease. The successful candidate would conduct laboratory bench research, rheological analyses and Wet Lab surgery projects. The student researcher will become part of our research group and get the chance to gain valuable experience in scientific writing. It is expected that there would be regular participation as a co-author in the team writing scientific publications. There is the possibility to conduct a medical doctoral thesis after mastering the required methods.
- Experimental laboratory work with intraocular lenses and new materials in vitreoretinal surgery
- Development of new hydrogel materials for potential implant devices
- Surgeries and dissections of cadaver eyes
What we offer
- Modern research methods of pharmacology, material science and ophthalmology
- Work with a team of young, motivated ophthalmologists, chemists, and pharmacists
- A salary based on 30hours / month, according to the HiWi-terms of the University of Heidelberg
- The possibility to conduct a medical dissertation
We are looking for
- Motivated, medical students who are in the clinical phase of their studies with a strong interest in scientific work and ophthalmology
- Students already resident within an hour’s commuting distance of the Neuenheimer Feld campus
The position is vacant starting 1st April 2023.
If you are interested, please use our Contact page to provide your email address details and we will get in touch with you to request your formal application letter and your CV.