Purpose and Effect
By registering with us and/or by using the Apple Lab site you agree to be bound by these Terms.
The Apple Lab may amend the Terms from time to time. Any changes we make will be effective after notice of change is provided to you which will be either by email or the posting of a notice on the Apple Lab Site.
After notice is provided to you your use of the Apple Lab Site will be deemed an acceptance by you of such changes. If you object to the changes you must notify us prior to such changes coming into effect. You must stop using the Apple Lab Site from the date on which the changes take effect.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of, read and understand any changes to these Terms.
Misuse of the Apple Lab Site
We may suspend or immediately terminate your use of the Apple Lab Site if, in our view, you are misusing it or if you are in breach of any of these Terms including, without limitation, those relating to the following prohibited uses of the Apple Lab Site.
You agree not to:
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, resell, retransmit, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Apple Lab Site
- Post, store, or transmit any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, indecent, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise offensive or objectionable (as determined by us) information or material
- Post, store, or transmit any information or material that could or does constitute a criminal offence or otherwise violate any laws
- Post or transmit any advertising, promotion or solicitation of goods or services without our express consent
- Interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the operation of the Apple Lab Site. Such interference would include interfering with, defeating, or circumventing any security function of the Apple Lab Site, or attempting to do so
- Use the Apple Lab Site for any unlawful purpose
- Use the Apple Lab Site to post, store, or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component
- Misuse any email function available on or through the Apple Lab Site.
In order to use certain parts of the Apple Lab Site you may be asked to supply your personal information.
Links to Other Websites
The Apple Lab Site may contain links or references to other websites or resources. We do not control or endorse other websites unless specifically stated. The Apple Lab has not reviewed or approved the content of any such other websites.
You agree that we shall not be held responsible for the legality, accuracy or inappropriate nature of any content, advertising, products, services or information located on or through any other websites, nor for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on any such content.
The Apple Lab Site, the materials on the Apple Lab Site and any service obtained or accessed through the Apple Lab Site are provided without representations or warranties of any kind either express or implied.
To the fullest extent permissible by law The Apple Lab disclaims all warranties, express, implied or statutory including all warranties relating to the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of any information on the Apple Lab Site or that it is free from defect or virus.
You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Apple Lab Site and any reliance you place on it or the information or material contained in it. Your statutory rights if a consumer are unaffected.
Limitation of Liability
The Apple Lab Site and its contents are provided to you free of charge. The Apple Lab expressly excludes any liability for any of the following:
- Any failure by The Apple Lab to ensure that it does not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party
- Fraud by any user of the Apple Lab Site
- Loss or damage caused by delay or errors in or the downtime of the Apple Lab Site or resulting from failed operation of the Internet.
- Any link on the Apple Lab Site to any other website or part of the Internet
The Apple Lab is not responsible or liable for any incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages under any contract, negligence, or strict liability arising out of or relating in any way to the Apple Lab Site and/or its content. The sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Apple Lab Site is to stop using it.
Ownership and Restriction on Use of the Apple Lab Site
All material on the Apple Lab Site is the property of The Apple Lab. You may make a single copy of the material for personal use only but otherwise may not reprint, republish, resell or redistribute Apple Lab material in any form or manner without our express written consent.
The Apple Lab and David J Apple International Laboratory for Ocular Pathology are names, trading names, trademarks and/or service marks of The Apple Lab. Nothing in these Terms gives you any right to use any The Apple Lab trademark, service mark, logo and/or trade name.
Changes to the Apple Lab Site
The Apple Lab may at any time, without prior notice change or eliminate any component of the Apple Lab Site.
We may stop your access to and use of the Apple Lab Site immediately in the event that we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have breached these Terms.
You choose to access the Apple Lab Site at your own risk. You are responsible for compliance with any local laws applicable to you.
These Terms and all contractual and other relationships which arise out of the Apple Lab Site are governed by the laws of Germany. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the German Courts where any dispute arises out of or in connection with these Terms and/or the Apple Lab Site.